An estimated 164 Americans have trouble sleeping at least once a week*
Getting a good night sleep is crucial to thrive but is often hard to achieve. It’s no wonder that there is an entire week dedicated to sleep. National Sleep Awareness Week runs from March 10-16th.
The following campaign asset page allows you to offer great and natural sleeping advice as well as recommendations of LATHER products. It also provides you with the reasons why sleep is so essential.
To earn commission on this post, you need to be a LATHER affiliate. If you are not an affiliate, please sign up on Shareasale. As an affiliate, you can make this post exclusive to LATHER or you can incorporate other brands you use for sleep aid.
If you already know what you want to write, scroll to the bottom for your social media sized images.
Why Sleep Is Important
- 65% of Americans think sleep contributes to next day effectiveness
- Only 10% of people prioritize it over other aspects of daily living
- Sleep impacts your mental health as well as your physical well being and safety
- When you are sleeping, you are forming new pathways to help you learn and remember information
- Sleep deficiency also has been linked to depression, suicide, and risk-taking behavior.
- A good night sleep improves learning ability
- Sleep aids in healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels.
- Ongoing sleep deficiency is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke.
- Lack of sleep also may lead to microsleep. Microsleep refers to brief moments of sleep that occur when you’re normally awake.
Causes Of Sleep Deprivation
- Poor sleep hygiene and planning
- Medical issues
LATHER Product Recommendations
Muscle Ease Bath Salt – nothing calms and soothes a body like a nice warm bath at the end of the day. Include the LATHER’s Muscle Ease Bath Salt to reduce achy muscles for a more restful and comfortable night sleep. In addition, these amazing salts include sleep inducing aromatherapy
Lavender Bath Bombs – Muscles not hurting? Try our Lavender Bath Bombs for a relaxing way to end the day and prepare for a good night’s sleep
Nighttime Pillow Mist and the Quiet Night Wellness Balm – Routine prepares the mind and body for a restful night Sleep is a behavior meaning we can teach our body to sleep through routines. The Nighttime Pillow Mist and wellness balm are great signals to let the mind know it is time to close it down. Lighting a candle to your routine can also help set the stage for a good sleep.
What is not good for sleep is adding chemicals and synthetic fragrances to your routine. All of LATHER products are synthetic fragrance free and all-natural.
Holistic Sleep Tips
- Meditation is a great way to relax your mind and ease into sleep. I recommend the free Insight App available on Android and Apple. Their Yoga Nidra options are highly effective
- Practice a gentle yoga routine prior to bed. There are several great videos on YouTube as well as subscription services like Grokker.
- No caffeine after lunch. Caffeine stays in your system for at least 6 hours and some people are more sensitive than others.
- Stick to a sleep schedule even during the weekend. This also means avoiding naps during the day.
- Skip the night cap. I am sorry to report that alcohol disrupts your sleep.
- Avoid large meals right before bed.
- Avoid liquids before you hit the sheets so you don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom
- Keep it cool and dark. A dark and cool room is ideal for falling and staying asleep
- Hit the gym in the morning
- Increase bright and natural light during the day to keep your circadian rhythm healthy
- Find the right pillow
And of course the best tips are the ones you use yourself. Feel free to pick from this list and add your own as well
Sleep Awareness Campaign Tools
- The National Sleep Awareness Campaign includes a Bedtime Calculator that you can share with your followers.
- Get additional exposure by using the hashtag #yourdaybeginswithsleep
- The campaign provided a great infographic located in the asset section at the bottom of this page
Images and Assets
The following images can be used and/or modified for social media shares and blog post. In addition, you can find banners are your Shareasale portal. I also included an infographics from the National Sleep Awareness Foundation at the end of the page.